Oppo has launched the Find N3 Flip – the next compact foldable smartphone with an improved design, hinge, performance and camera experience. It’s merely an evolutionary upgrade compared to the Find N2 Flip, but it is also shaping up to be one of the best smartphones in this niche.
The Find N3 Flip introduces a refined design over the N2 Flip with new glass panels, more curves and enhanced durability thanks to a newer Gorilla Glass Victus protection and IPX4 splash resistance. The two screens remain the same – a large 6.8-inch foldable LTPO AMOLED and a 3.26-inch external OLED with a 17:9 aspect ratio.
The new Find N3 Flip is powered by the latest available Dimensity 9200 chipset with an improved CPU and GPU over the Dimensity 9000+ inside the N2 Flip and one of the top three chips on the market right now. The N3 Flip comes with 12GB LPDDR5X RAM and either 256GB or 512GB UFS4.0 storage.
The Hasselblad-enhanced camera on the back now houses three imagers – a 50MP OIS primary, a 48MP ultrawide/macro, and a 32MP telephoto with 2x optical zoom. The front camera is also a 32MP shooter, but given how you can use the rear setup for selfies, we doubt many people will use it for anything other than video calls.
The Oppo Find N3 Flip comes with a 4,300mAh battery capable of 44W fast wired charging. There is no wireless charging.
Let’s scroll through the Find N3 Flip specs and then proceed to unbox this Flip.
Oppo Find N3 Flip specs at a glance:
- Body: 166.4×75.8×7.8mm, 198g; Plastic front (unfolded), glass back (unfolded), aluminum frame; IPX4 splash resistant.
- Display: 6.80″ Foldable LTPO AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1200 nits (HBM), 1600 nits (peak), 1080x2520px resolution, 21:9 aspect ratio, 403ppi; Cover display: AMOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, 3.26 inches, 382 x 720 pixels, 250 ppi, 800 nits (HBM), 900 nits (peak).
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 9200 (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.05 GHz Cortex-X3 & 3×2.85 GHz Cortex-A715 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Immortalis-G715 MC11.
- Memory: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM; UFS 4.0.
- OS/Software: Android 13, ColorOS 13.2.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm, 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS; Telephoto: 32 MP, f/2.0, 47mm, 2x optical zoom, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 48 MP, f/2.2, 14mm, 114˚, AF.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.4, 21mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm, AF.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps; gyro-EIS; Front camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30; gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 4300mAh; 44W wired, 50% in 23 min (advertised), Reverse wired.
- Connectivity: 5G; Dual SIM; Wi-Fi 7; BT 5.3, aptX HD; NFC.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); stereo speakers.
The Find N3 Flip seems like an all-round Flip foldable by just looking through its specs sheet. It is not IPX8-rated, meaning while it can last the occasional rain, it is not suitable for water submersion, which could be a potential deal breaker. But other than that – everything seems thoughtfully picked.
Unboxing the Oppo Find N3 Flip
Oppo ships the Find N3 Flip packed into a large and thick paper box. Inside, you will find the phone, an overqualified 67W-rated SuperVOOC charger and an 8A-rated USB-A-to-C cable.
Oppo has also bundled a quality two-piece case that color-matches the Mist Rose colorway.
Oppo also sent the optional Blicca case with a figurine and strap and the PU leather hand strap case. The Blicca case is, well, unique, and we can imagine it will appeal to a certain crowd.
The leather hand strap, on the other hand, is quite clean and nice to touch.