|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Canon has updated the recent firmware for the Canon EOS R3 with v1.2.1.
Firmware Version 1.2.1 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:
- Adds the ability to set “Custom high speed continuous” to the Drive mode. It is possible to shoot from 2 to 50 images continuously at a speed of approximately 30 to 195 fps.
- Adds the ability to select “FHD 239.76 fps/200.00 fps” in “High frame rate.”
- Adds the ability for in camera “Depth compositing” during “Focus bracketing.”
- Adds Focus bracketing and depth compositing with a flash (Speedlite EL-1).
- Adds the ability of time-lapse movie recording. Note that the time-lapse movie setting is retained even if the camera enters the Auto Power Off state before starting time-lapse movie recording.
- Adds the ability of Cloud RAW processing functionality. RAW processing with the latest image processing technology is possible. This is a paid service that requires the purchase of a Canon Imaging App Service Plan, which will be available starting July 25, 2022.
- Adds the ability to convert multiple HEIF images into multiple JPEG images.
- Adds the ability to set [Still Image Crop/Aspect] to [Custom Controls]. The assigned button can be used to switch between crop and aspect ratio.
- Adds the ability to crop and resize images during transfer to an FTP server.
- 802.1X authentication/WPA2-Enterprise now supports the PKCS#12 certificate format.
- Adds an electronic shutter sound to be played when the mechanical shutter or electronic 1st-curtain is set.
- Enhances the performance of “Movie Digital IS”. It stabilizes the image when taking selfies or walking shots using a wide-angle lens.
- Adds [Auto Power Off Temp.: Standard/High] to the menu for still shooting.
- Fixes an issue, which displays Error Code 70 on the camera, that may occur, in rare instances, when the [Disp. performance] setting is set to [Smooth].
Fixes minor issues.
- Fixes an issue, in which, after having updated the camera to firmware Version 1.2.0, when performing the [Factory reset] operation, some shooting settings are not retained.