DJI announced the DJI Mini 2 SE, an entry-level palm-sized camera drone that becomes the least expensive in the Mini range. It features a Type 2.3 (6.3 x 4.7mm) CMOS sensor that captures 12MP stills, 2.7K video and up to 4X digital zoom, but lacks the 4K capabilities of the Mini 2.
As you’d expect from a lightweight model, it weighs less than 249 grams, making it exempt from drone regulations in several parts of the world, according to the company.
Like the Mini 2, the Mini 2 SE has a maximum flight time of 31 minutes, supports HD video transmission at up to 10km (6.2 mi). Level 5 wind resistance allows the drone to hover steadily in 10.7 m/s (24mph) winds and there is a 3-axis mechanical stabilization system.
The DJI Mini 2 SE is set to arrive March 22, 2023 and retail for $369 (drone only) MSRP, or as part of DJI Mini 2 SE Fly More Combo, which adds a carrying case, extra batteries, propellers and accessories for $519 MSRP.
Make Your Moments Fly with DJI Mini 2 SE
Easy to use and reliable, the affordable DJI Mini 2 SE is the latest entry to the DJI Mini series
February 9, 2023 − DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, today introduces the DJI Mini 2 SE, a lightweight, palm-sized camera drone perfect for capturing your everyday moments. Weighing in at less than 249 grams, Mini 2 SE is an ultraportable, regulation-friendly drone that is exempt from drone regulations in several parts of the world. Its 1/2.3-inch CMOS camera sensor films video at 2.7k and delivers photos at 12MP. These features and its affordable price point make Mini 2 SE a perfect drone for beginners and experienced drone pilots alike.
The Mini 2 SE is the latest addition to the DJI Mini Series which provides several smart features, making it easy to use in a wide array of flight scenarios. Mini 2 SE supports up to 10 km of HD video transmission, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer, and with a maximum flight time of 31 minutes you’ll be certain to capture your desired image. Alongside the smart features, which allow for ease of flying, the Mini 2 SE offers intelligent features, including QuickShots and Panorama, for more creative shots. The advanced gimbal enables a 3-axis mechanical stabilization system for consistently smooth imagery. The powerful camera enables 4X digital zoom allowing you to transition between shots of varying distance and composition when shooting HD videos.
- Sub-249 grams: An ultra-light, foldable drone that weighs less than 249 g that is regulation friendly
- DJI O2 Transmission technology: A maximum video transmission range of 10 km with excellent anti-interference capabilities
- High-quality imaging: A 3-axis gimbal and 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor that takes 12MP and photos shoots video at 2.7K HD
- Extended flight time: Offers a 31-minute maximum flight time
- Intuitive flight controls: Offers one-tap takeoff and landing, stable hovering, return to home feature
- Intelligent features: QuickShots and Panorama deliver creative shooting possibilities
- Level 5 wind resistance: At a wind speed of 10.7 m/s, the aircraft can still hover steadily and keep images stable
Pricing & Availability
DJI Mini 2 SE: $369
DJI Mini 2 SE Fly More Combo: $519
Available starting March 22, 2023 at the DJI Store and authorized retailers